AQUA WHISPER PRO – KEY FEATURES
The Aqua Whisper Pro watermaker is suited for charter, offshore fishing, and ocean cruising. It’s traditional manual functions and touch-pad control panel allows simple operation and digital + analog instrumentation for redundancy. The Aqua Whisper Pro’s high pressure pump is engineered to be quieter than conventional high pressure pumps, and operates for 2,500 hours before any maintenance is required.Easy to use, easy to upgrade
The Aqua Whisper Pro’s semi-automatic operation requires only one pressure adjustment to varying feed water conditions. User-friendly touch pad control panel is simple to use and easy to understand. Multiple product water production capabilities from 450 gallons / 1,703 liters to 1800 gallons / 6,814 liters per day (19 gal / 71 lit – 75 gal / 284 lit per hour). All Aqua Whisper Pro models are “in-field” upgradable to higher production capacities.Manage critical functions from any location
The LCD touch screen acts as your watermaker’s first mate, and will assist your efforts to maintain, guide, and configure the Aqua Whisper Pro anyway you wish. Vital system functions and gauges are reported through the display and remote, and can be accessed at any time. The Aqua Whisper Pro gives operators maximum control with the ability to do more than ever before.Fresh Water Flush on frame
The AQW Pro compact features all replaceable pre and post filters on frame, for the easiest installation and operation, including the carbon filter for the fresh water flush that comes standard.
Alternatively, for the more intense applications like i.e. dirty sea water, charter cruises, offshore fishing or ocean crossings, the AQW Pro is available with heavier duty commercial pre-filter and oil water separator in place of the standard pre-filters on frame, for longer lasting cartridges and less frequent replacement.
- High pressure plunger pump – specifically designed for sea water reverse osmosis applications. The unique design of this high pressure pump reduces noise level to a negligent hum.
- Low noise manifold system design
- Vibration isolation mounts included.
METERS / MONITORS
- Hour Meter for keeping accurate ship’s logs & schedule preventative maintenance.
- New solid state electronic flow meters for visual monitoring of the product water and feed water flow used to calculate production rates of the system.
- Digital and bar graph Salinity Meter shows actual product water quality, an essential tool for product water monitoring.
- Exclusive high efficiency booster pump for extended pre-filter life.
- Quiet high pressure pump runs smooth and is free of pulsations.
- Remote control touch pad available
- A Soft Motor Starter is available for single phase AC powered systems that reduces start up power by 60%.
- Clear viewable Sea Strainer with a cleanable Monel Mesh Screen filter for ultimate corrosion resistance and large particulate removal.
- Optional – Commercial Prefilter, Oil Water Separator, pH Neutralizer, and Automatic Fresh Water Flush
TOUCH PAD AND DIGITAL SCREEN
- Automatic FWF on system stop
- Automatic shut down, either time duration or product quantity.
- On / Off Manual Booster Pump Button
- Dedicated heavy duty Magnetic Latching Relays for each motor integrated in the system.
- 316 Stainless Steel Pressure Transducers for accurate measurement of system functions.
- New High rejection / high yield membrane element that produces higher quality product water in a smaller space.
- Fiberglass Reinforced High Pressure Membrane Vessel is stronger and eliminates corrosion.
- A failsafe Product Water Diversion Valve
- Unique Low Voltage Control Circuitry, shielded terminals, and covered high voltage components for end-user safety.
SERVICE AND MAINTENANCE
- The Aqua Whisper PRO is shipped from the factory ready to install and function.
- There are no optional items required, and a complete installation kit is also included along with a comprehensive and detailed Owner’s Operation & Maintenance Manual.
- Worldwide Service and Sales Network for immediate attention regardless of location
- Technical service dedicated to excellent system performance
AQUA WHISPER PRO – SPECIFICATIONS
Performance Rated Performance / Product Water Produced: +-15% at 820 PSI / 56.5 bar, 77°F / 25°C & 35,000 PPM TDS typical sea water
Production Model # Per Hour Per Day 450-1
19 gal / 71 lit
29 gal / 110 lit
38 gal / 142 lit
38 gal / 142 Nike Ziggy Ansah Jersey lit
58 gal / 221 lit
75 gal / 284 lit
450 gal / 1,703 lit
700 gal / 2,650 lit
900 gal / 3,407 lit
900 gal / 3,407 lit
1400 gal / 5,300 lit
1800 gal / 6,814 lit
Minimum 99.2%, Average 99.4%
Product Water Temperature Ambient to feed water temperature
Pressure Adjustment User adjusted (manual)
Salinity Monitoring Automatic electronic monitoring. Temperature compensated with the digital continuous readout. The salinity monitoring components of the system give a continuous TDS readout in ppm (parts per million), are temperature compensated, and of a fail safe design.
Salinity Range Designed for seawater use up to 50,000 PPM TDS (NaCl) (typical seawater salinity is 35,000 ppm)
Temperature Range Max. 122°F / 50°C, Min. 33°F / .5°C
System Feed Water Flow: 4.5 gpm / 17 lpm (depending on system)
Reverse Osmosis Membrane Selected High Rejection/High Yield aromatic tri-polyamid, thin film composite, spiral wound, single pass, high rejection reverse osmosis membrane element.
Chlorine Tolerance 0.1 PPM
pH Range 3-11 (typical seawater pH is 8)
System Pressure Feed Water: Maximum 35 psi / 2.41 bar / 2.46 Kg/cm2
System Operation Seawater nominal 820 psi / 56.5 bar / 57.66 Kg/cm2
WeightModel NumberCompactModular 450-1
157 lbs / 69 Kg
160 lbs / 71 Kg
162 lbs / 72 Kg
169 lbs / 75 Kg
175 lbs / 76 Kg
180 lbs / 80 Kg
153 lbs / 68 Kg
156 lbs / 69 Kg
158 lbs / 70 Kg
165 lbs / 73 Kg
171 lbs / 76 Kg
175 lbs / 78 Kg
Pipe sizes to be supplied by the installer for connection of the SRC supplied components. The below pipe threads are all US Standard. Feed Inlet: 3/4″ FNPT Female National Pipe Thread Brine Discharge: 3/4″ FNPT Female National Pipe Thread Product: 3/8″ MNPT Male National Pipe Thread
Electrical Requirements (NOA = Normal Operating Amps; SUC = Start Up Current) Pump Type Phase Pump Motor Voltage VAC Hz NOA SUC (110 / 220) Plunger Single HP / Booster 110-115 / 220-230 50/60 30 / 15 100 / 50 Radial Axial Single HP / Booster 220-230 / 380-460 50/60 35 / 17.5 110 / 55 220 / 380 – 440 Plunger Single HP / Booster 220-230 / 380-460 50/60 11 / 5.5 30/15 Radial Axial Three HP / Booster 220-230 / 380-460 50/60 11 / 5.5 30/15
Circuit Breaker Size Operating AC Voltage Phase Recommended circuit breaker Plunger Pump 110-115 / 220-230 Single 40 Ampere / 20 Ampere Radial Axial Pump 110-115 / 220-230 Single 45 Ampere / 25 Ampere Plunger Pump 220 / 380 / 460 Three 15 Ampere / 10 Ampere / 10 Ampere Radial Axial Pump 220 / 380 / 460 Three 15 Ampere / 10 Ampere / 10 Ampere
AQUA WHISPER PRO – DIMENSIONS
COMPACT CONFIGURATIONFront ViewOverhead View
- a. 27 15/16″ (710mm) Aqua Whisper Pro Compact 450-1 & 900-2
- b. 37 15/16″ (964mm) Aqua Whisper Pro Compact 700-1 & 1400-2
- c. 46 15/16″ (1192mm) Aqua Whisper Pro Compact 900-1 & 1800-2
MODULAR CONFIGURATIONControl Panel – front and profileMembrane Configuration
- a. 27 15/16″ (710mm), Aqua Whisper Pro Modular 450-1 & 900-2
- b. 37 15/16″ (964mm), Aqua Whisper Pro Modular 700-1 & 1400-2
- c. 46 15/16″ (1192mm) Aqua Whisper Pro Modular 900-1 & 1800-2
STANDARD COMPONENTS AND ACCESSORIESStandard Plunger PumpBooster Pump
Sea StrainerDual Filter Assembly
AQUA WHISPER PRO – ACCESSORIES
The new state-of-the-art Touch Pad Remote Control Unit allows for remote operation and supervision of your system.
Spare Part Reference # B611000004
Soft Motor Start
The new SRC Soft Motor Starter (SMS) reduces start-up amps by 45%. This allows operation from smaller generators.
Spare Part Reference #
B596800014 (SOFT START ASSY 220/330V)
B596800015 (SOFT START ASSY 110/15V)
Fresh Water Flush
The fresh water flush greatly prolongs the life of the membranes by rinsing them with fresh water at the touch of a button. Automatically flushes your system every seven days.
Spare Part Reference #
B598000008 FRESH WATER FLUSH
The Ultraviolet Sterilizer processes up to 2 gallons/minute. The result is a 99.8% sterilization of all micro-organisms, including reproducing bacteria and viruses. Ultraviolet replacement U.V. lamps are also available. Please specify voltage when ordering.
Spare Part Reference # B5262000CV
The multi-media filter traps suspended solids larger than 30 microns to provide additional protection for the system’s pre-filters, which can greatly extend pre-filter element life.
Spare Part Reference # B071080002
Oil Water Separator
The Oil/Water Separator Canister protects the reverse osmosis membranes from oily or polluted water sources.
Spare Part Reference # B111120001
Commercial Pre filter
The Commercial size Pre-Filter Canister replaces the Standard Pre-Filters, providing longer intervals between necessary filter cleaning and replacement.
Spare Part Reference # B109120003
The plankton filter traps suspended solids larger than 100 micron, thus providing additional protection for the system’s pre-filters, which ultimately extend pre-filter element life (Dual design available).
Spare Part Reference # B008800001
The Sea Recovery pH Neutralizing Filter provides pH neutralization of the reverse osmosis system product water.
Spare Part Reference # B561080001
AQUA WHISPER PRO- CONSUMABLES
Whether for the pre-filtration stage or post treatment stage, the Sea Recovery R.O. Filter Elements are an essential part in proper system performance.Membrane Element Storage
These chemicals inhibit bacterial growth while maintaining the high flux and salt rejection of the R.O. Membrane Element.Membrane Element Cleaning Compound #1 (SRC MCC-1) is an alkaline cleaner designed to clean biological fouling and slight oil fouling from the R.O. membrane element.Membrane Element Cleaning Compound #2 (SRC MCC-2) is an acid cleaner designed to clean calcium carbonate and other mineral deposits from the R.O. membrane element.Membrane Element Cleaning Compound #3 (SRC MCC-3) is used for iron fouling. If the system’s R.O. membrane element is fouled with rust from iron piping, then SRC CC-3 may be used for effective removal of light or moderate rust fouling.
Crankcase Oil is a specially formulated hydraulic lubricant with anti-wear, de-oxidizer, and rust inhibitor additives.Cleaning Compounds
Spare Parts Reference #
B645800001 MCC-1 ALKALINE CLEANER
B645800002 MCC-2 ACID CLEANER
B645800004 MCC-3 RUST REMOVER
B646800001 MCC – CLEANING KIT MCC 1 & 2