The revolutionary Java Sea is engineered to be easier to use and more reliable than conventional watermakers. Featuring the latest technology, the JAVA SEA is able to regulate and monitor system functions without the need of an operator. With one touch, the Java Sea will start and finish water production automatically.
Maximum Production: 1000 gal (3,200 Lit) to 3200 gal (12,000 lit) per day
Click here to download the Java Sea’s PDF Spec Sheet
Java Sea Features
Standard watermakers require pressure adjustments for water conditions and to produce fresh water – a process that can be very time consuming. Sea Recovery solves this problem by incorporating an automatic pressure regulating system into the Java Sea, allowing the watermaker to balance pressure levels automatically. This feature is designed to maximize the operator’s comfort and convenience.
METERS / MONITORS
- Exclusive Solid Salinity Meter shows actual product water quality, an essential tool for product water monitoring.
- Hour Meter for keeping accurate ship’s logs & schedule preventative maintenance.
- New solid state electronic flow meters for visual monitoring of the product water and feed water flow used to calculate production rates of the system.
- Exclusive high efficiency booster pump for extended pre-filter life.
- Quiet high pressure pump runs smooth and is free of pulsations.
- Full remote control available
- A Soft Motor Starter is available for single phase AC powered systems that reduces start up power by 60%.
- Clear viewable Sea Strainer with a cleanable Monel Mesh Screen filter for ultimate corrosion resistance and large particulate removal.
- Optional – Commercial Prefilter, Oil Water Separator, pH Neutralizer, and Automatic Fresh Water Flush.
LONGER LIFESPAN WITH MINIMAL MAINTENANCE
The Java Sea’s features allow operators to extend its service life. The automatic Fresh Water Flush and LCD monitoring system allows you to optimize pre-filter and membrane performance. This system will flush every 7 days, whether the watermaker is producing water or on standby.
NOISE REDUCTION FEATURES
- The quiet stainless steel high pressure pump is specifically designed for sea water reverse osmosis applications. The unique design of this high pressure pump reduces noise level to a negligent hum.
- Low noise manifold design
- Vibration isolation mounts included.
PARTS AND MATERIALS
- Dedicated heavy duty Magnetic Latching Relays for each motor integrated in the system
- Stainless steel exterior and interior pressure Gauges for accurate measurement of watermaker functions
- New High rejection / high yield membrane element that produces higher quality product water in a smaller space
- Fiberglass Reinforced High Pressure Membrane Vessel is stronger and eliminates corrosion.
- A failsafe Product Water Diversion Valve
- Unique Low Voltage Control Circuitry, shielded terminals, and covered high voltage components for end-user safety
SERVICE AND MAINTENANCE
- The JAVA SEA is shipped from the factory ready to install and function.
- There are no optional items required, and a complete installation kit is also included along with a comprehensive and detailed Owner’s Operation & Maintenance Manual.
- Worldwide Service and Sales Network for immediate attention regardless of location
- Technical service dedicated to excellent system performance
Java Sea Specifications
Performance Rated Performance / Product Water Produced: +-15% at 820 PSI / 57 BAR, 77°F / 25°C & 35,000 PPM TDS typical sea water
Production Model # Vessel Size Per Hour Per Day 3.5m2
39 gal / 150 lit
77 gal / 290 lit
110 gal / 420 lit
132 gal / 500 lit
925 gal / 3500 lit 1850 gal / 7000 lit 2650 gal / 10000 lit 3200 gal / 12000 lit
Minimum 99.2%, Average 99.4%
Product Water Temperature Ambient to feed water temperature
Pressure Adjustment User adjusted
Salinity Monitoring Automatic electronic monitoring. Temperature compensated with the solid state continuous “Bar LED” readout. The salinity monitoring components of the system give a continuous TDS readout in micromhos per cubic centimeter, are temperature compensated and of a fail safe design.
Salinity Range Designed for seawater use up to 50,000 PPM TDS (NaCl) (typical seawater salinity is 35,000 ppm)
Temperature Range Max. 122°F / 50°C, Min. 33°F / .5°C
System Feed Water Flow: 8 – 16 gpm / 30 – 61 lpm (depending on system)
Reverse Osmosis Membrane Selected High Rejection/High Yield aromatic tri-polyamid, thin film composite, spiral wound, single pass, high rejection reverse osmosis membrane element.
Chlorine Tolerance 0.1 PPM
pH Range 3-11 (typical seawater pH is 8)
System Pressure Feed Water: Maximum 35 psi / 2.41 bar / 2.46 Kg/cm2
System Operation Seawater nominal 820 psi / 59 bar / 59.7 Kg/cm2. Brackish Varies w/PPM
Weight 425 lbs / 193 kg
Pipe sizes to be supplied by the installer for connection of the SRC supplied components. The below pipe threads are all US Standard. Feed Inlet: 3/4″ ANSI Threaded Flange Brine Discharge: 3/4″ ANSI Threaded Flange Product: 3/4″ ANSI Threaded Flange Clean Inlet: 3/4″ ANSI Threaded Flange Clean return: 3/4″ ANSI Threaded Flange Drain: 3/4″ ANSI Threaded Flange
Electrical Requirements Booster/High Pressure Pump Motor Phase Hz VAC Normal Operating Amps Start up Current Three 50 220 / 380 24 / 12 96 / 43 Three 60 208 / 230 / 460 18 / 16 / 9 54 / 48 / 27 Single 50/60 220 / 230 32 / 26.50 128 / 108 Phase AC Voltage Cycles Circuit Breaker Amp Single 220 / 230 220 / 230 50 / 40 Three 220 / 380 220 / 230 40 / 25 Three 208 / 230 / 460 220 / 230 40 / 25 / 20
Java Sea Dimensions
Java Sea Accessories
The new state-of-the-art Touch Pad Remote Control Unit allows for remote operation and supervision of your system.
Soft Motor Start
The new SRC Soft Motor Starter (SMS) reduces start-up amps by 45%. This allows operation from smaller generators.
Fresh Water Flush
The fresh water flush greatly prolongs the life of the membranes by rinsing them with fresh water at the touch of a button. Automatically flushes your system every seven days.
The Ultraviolet Sterilizer processes up to 2 gallons/minute. The result is a 99.8% sterilization of all micro-organisms, including reproducing bacteria and viruses. Ultraviolet replacement U.V. lamps are also available. Please specify voltage when ordering.
The multi-media filter traps suspended solids larger than 30 microns to provide additional protection for the system’s pre-filters, which can greatly extend pre-filter element life.
Oil Water Separator
The Oil/Water Separator Canister protects the reverse osmosis membranes from oily or polluted water sources.
Commercial Pre filter
The Commercial size Pre-Filter Canister replaces the Standard Pre-Filters, providing longer intervals between necessary filter cleaning and replacement.
The plankton filter traps suspended solids larger than 100 micron, thus providing additional protection for the system’s pre-filters, which ultimately extend pre-filter element life (Dual design available).
The Sea Recovery pH Neutralizing Filter provides pH neutralization of the reverse osmosis system product water.
Java Sea Consumables
Whether for the pre-filtration stage or post treatment stage, the Sea Recovery R.O. Filter Elements are an essential part in proper system performance.
Membrane Element Storage
These chemicals inhibit bacterial growth while maintaining the high flux and salt rejection of the R.O. Membrane Element.Membrane Element Cleaning Compound #1 (SRC MCC-1) is an alkaline cleaner designed to clean biological fouling and slight oil fouling from the R.O. membrane element.Membrane Element Cleaning Compound #2 (SRC MCC-2) is an acid cleaner designed to clean calcium carbonate and other mineral deposits from the R.O. membrane element.Membrane Element Cleaning Compound #3 (SRC MCC-3) is used for iron fouling. If the system’s R.O. membrane element is fouled with rust from iron piping, then SRC CC-3 may be used for effective removal of light or moderate rust fouling.
Crankcase Oil is a specially formulated hydraulic lubricant with anti-wear, de-oxidizer, and rust inhibitor additives.