AQUA MATIC – KEY FEATURES
The revolutionary Aqua Matic is engineered to be easier to use and more reliable than conventional watermakers. Featuring the latest technology, the Aqua Matic is able to regulate and monitor functions without the need of an operator. With one touch, the Aqua Matic will start and finish water production automatically, allowing boaters more time to relax and enjoy their cruise.NMEA 2000 Remote Compatibility
The new Aqua Matic is NMEA 2000 compliant, giving you the power to monitor and communicate with your system through any NMEA compatible display.*One touch operation and full color touch screen
Equipped with an automated pressure regulating system and Fresh Water Flush, the Aqua Matic can fully operate and perform self maintenance functions without the need of an operator.
- One-touch automation eliminates the need for an operator’s attention.
- Automatic pressure regulating system – allows the watermaker to balance pressure levels automatically based on any water condition.
- Weekly automatic fresh water flush timing and sequential starting of electric motors with manual override.
- Automatic shut down, either time duration or product quantity.
METERS / MONITORS
- Hour Meter for keeping accurate ship’s logs & schedule preventative maintenance.
- New solid state electronic flow meters for visual monitoring of the product water and feed water flow used to calculate production rates of the system.
- Digital and bar graph Salinity Meter shows actual product water quality, an essential tool for product water monitoring.
- Exclusive high efficiency booster pump for extended pre-filter life.
- Uses a high pressure plunger pump that has a typical maintenance schedule every 2,000 hours.
- Available as an option: Patented High Pressure Quintiplex Radial Axial Plunger Pump is water lubricated, does not require oil changes and operates 8,000 hours between required maintenance.
- State-of-the-art high pressure pump is manufactured with a highly corrosion and erosion resistant Duplex material which provides protection far beyond 316 stainless steel.
- Quiet high pressure pump runs smooth and is free of pulsations.
- Full color remote control touch pad available
- Optional Soft Motor Starter is available for single phase AC powered systems that reduces start up power by 60%.
- Clear viewable Sea Strainer with a cleanable Monel Mesh Screen filter for ultimate corrosion resistance and large particulate removal.
- Charcoal Filter Assembly, Commercial Prefilter, Oil Water Separator, pH Neutralizer, and Automatic Fresh Water Flush are included when requested at the time of order.
NMEA 2000 COMPATIBILITY
- Optional NMEA 2000 compliant interface
- View and monitor system controls through any NMEA compatible display*. You can even start up and shut down your system from your remote display.
- Optional NMEA remote control display available
FULL COLOR TOUCHSCREEN INTERFACE
- Computer interface ready
- Simple-to-use touch screen displays pictorial images of all operating conditions.
- Digital and bar graph readout of all system conditions in U.S. Standard or Metric.
- Ability to display in multiple languages
- Dedicated heavy duty Magnetic Latching Relays for each motor integrated in the system.
- 316 Stainless Steel Pressure Transducers for accurate measurement of system functions.
- New High rejection / high yield membrane element that produces higher quality product water in a smaller space.
- Fiberglass Reinforced High Pressure Membrane Vessel is stronger and eliminates corrosion.
- A failsafe Product Water Diversion Valve
- Unique Low Voltage Control Circuitry, shielded terminals, and covered high voltage components for end-user safety.
SERVICE AND MAINTENANCE
- The Aqua Matic is shipped from the factory ready to install and function.
- There are no optional items required, and a complete installation kit is also included along with a comprehensive and detailed Owner’s Operation & Maintenance Manual.
- Worldwide Service and Sales Network for immediate attention regardless of location
- Technical service dedicated to excellent system performance
AQUA MATIC – SPECIFICATIONS
Performance Rated Performance / Product Water Produced: +-15% at 820 PSI / 56.5 bar, 77°F / 25°C & 35,000 PPM TDS typical sea water
Production Model # Per Hour Per Day 450-1
19 gal / 71 lit
29 gal / 110 lit
38 gal / 142 lit
38 gal / 142 lit
58 gal / 221 lit
75 gal / 284 lit
450 gal / 1,703 lit
700 gal / 2,650 lit
900 gal / 3,407 lit
900 gal / 3,407 lit
1400 gal / 5,300 lit
1800 gal / 6,814 lit
Minimum 99.2%, Average 99.4%
Product Water Temperature Ambient to feed water temperature
Pressure Adjustment Automatically controlled
Salinity Monitoring Automatic electronic monitoring. Temperature compensated with the digital continuous readout. The salinity monitoring components of the system give a continuous TDS readout in ppm (parts per million), are temperature compensated, and of a fail safe design.
Salinity Range Designed for seawater use up to 50,000 PPM TDS (NaCl) (typical seawater salinity is 35,000 ppm)
Temperature Range Max. 122°F / 50°C, Min. 33°F / .5°C
System Feed Water Flow: 4.5 gpm / 17 lpm (depending on system)
Reverse Osmosis Membrane Selected High Rejection/High Yield aromatic tri-polyamid, thin film composite, spiral wound, single pass, high rejection reverse osmosis membrane element.
Chlorine Tolerance 0.1 PPM
pH Range 3-11 (typical seawater pH is 8)
System Pressure Feed Water: Maximum 35 psi / 2.41 bar / 2.46 Kg/cm2
System Operation Seawater nominal 820 psi / 56.5 bar / 57.66 Kg/cm2
WeightModel NumberCompactModular 450-1
153 lbs / 69 Kg
156 lbs / 71 Kg
158 lbs / 72 Kg
165 lbs / 75 Kg
171 lbs / 76 Kg
176 lbs / 80 Kg
149 lbs / 68 Kg
152 lbs / 69 Kg
154 lbs / 70 Kg
161 lbs / 73 Kg
167 lbs / 76 Kg
172 lbs / 78 Kg
Pipe sizes to be supplied by the installer for connection of the SRC supplied components. The below pipe threads are all US Standard. Feed Inlet: 3/4″ FNPT Female National Pipe Thread Brine Discharge: 3/4″ FNPT Female National Pipe Thread Product: 3/8″ MNPT Male National Pipe Thread
Electrical Requirements (NOA = Normal Operating Amps; SUC = Start Up Current) Pump Type Phase Pump Motor Voltage VAC Hz NOA SUC (110 / 220) Plunger Single HP / Booster 110-115 / 220-230 50/60 30 / 15 90 / 45 Radial Axial Single HP / Booster 220-230 / 380-460 50/60 35 / 17.5 95 / 48 220 / 380 – 44 Plunger Single HP / Booster 220-230 / 380-460 50/60 11 / 5.5 30/15 Radial Axial Three HP / Booster 220-230 / 380-460 50/60 11 / 5.5 30/15
Circuit Breaker Size Operating AC Voltage Phase Recommended circuit breaker Plunger Pump 110-115 / 220-230 Single 40 Ampere / 20 Ampere Radial Axial Pump 110-115 / 220-230 Single 40 Ampere / 20 Ampere Plunger Pump 220 / 380 / 460 Three 15 Ampere / 10 Ampere / 10 Ampere Radial Axial Pump 220 / 380 / 460 Three 15 Ampere / 10 Ampere / 10 Ampere
AQUA MATIC – DIMENSIONS
COMPACT CONFIGURATIONFront ViewOverhead View
- a. 27 15/16″ (710mm): Aqua Matic Compact 450-1 & 900-2
- b. 37 15/16″ (964mm): Aqua Matic Compact 700-1 & 1400-2
- c. 46 15/16″ (1192mm): Aqua Matic Compact 900-1 & 1800-2
MODULAR CONFIGURATIONControl Panel – front and profileMembrane Configuration
- a. 46 15/16″ (1192mm); Aqua Matic Modular, 900-1 & 1800-2
- b. 37 15/16″ (964mm); Aqua Matic Modular, 700-1 & 1400-2
- c. 27 15/16″ (710mm); Aqua Matic Modular, 450-1 & 900-2
STANDARD COMPONENTS AND ACCESSORIESStandard Plunger PumpBooster PumpOptional High Pressure Pump
Sea StrainerDual Filter Assembly
To view more available accessories visit the Aqua Matic Accessories Page
AQUA MATIC – ACCESSORIES
Touch Screen Remote Control
The user-friendly remote touch screen displays pictorial images of all operating conditions which can also be viewed from any location on the boat. All system readings can be selected to display either U.S. Standard or Metric measurements.
Spare Parts Reference #
B610140002 (COLOUR LCD REMOTE KIT WITH 45 FT CABLE)
B610140008 (COLOUR LCD REMOTE KIT WITH 80 FT CABLE)
B610140003 (COLOUR LCD REMOTE KIT WITH 100 FT CABLE)
B610140006 (COLOUR LCD REMOTE KIT WITH 200 FT CABLE)
B610140007 (COLOUR LCD REMOTE KIT WITH 300 FT CABLE)
Soft Motor Start
The new SRC Soft Motor Starter (SMS) reduces start-up amps by 45%. This allows operation from smaller generators.
Spare Part Reference #
B596800014 (SOFT START ASSY 220/330V)
B596800015 (SOFT START ASSY 110/15V)
Fresh Water Flush
The fresh water flush greatly prolongs the life of the membranes by rinsing them with fresh water at the touch of a button. Automatically flushes your system every seven days.
Spare Part Reference #
B598000008 FRESH WATER FLUSH
The Ultraviolet Sterilizer processes up to 2 gallons/minute. The result is a 99.8% sterilization of all micro-organisms, including reproducing bacteria and viruses. Ultraviolet replacement U.V. lamps are also available. Please specify voltage when ordering.
Spare Parts Reference # B5262000CV
The multi-media filter traps suspended solids larger than 30 microns to provide additional protection for the system’s pre-filters, which can greatly extend pre-filter element life.
Spare Parts Reference # B071080002
Oil Water Separator
The Oil/Water Separator Canister protects the reverse osmosis membranes from oily or polluted water sources.
Spare Parts Reference # B111120001
Commercial Pre filter
The Commercial size Pre-Filter Canister replaces the Standard Pre-Filters, providing longer intervals between necessary filter cleaning and replacement.
Spare Parts Reference # B109120001
The plankton filter traps suspended solids larger than 100 micron, thus providing additional protection for the system’s pre-filters, which ultimately extend pre-filter element life (Dual design available).
Spare Parts Reference # B008800001
The Sea Recovery pH Neutralizing Filter provides pH neutralization of the reverse osmosis system product water.
Spare Parts Reference #
B114140001 PH NEUTRALIZER / CHARCOAL DUAL AQMC II
AQUA MATIC – CONSUMABLES
Whether for the pre-filtration stage or post treatment stage, the Sea Recovery R.O. Filter Elements are an essential part in proper system performance.Membrane Element Storage
These chemicals inhibit bacterial growth while maintaining the high flux and salt rejection of the R.O. Membrane Element.Membrane Element Cleaning Compound #1 (SRC MCC-1) is an alkaline cleaner designed to clean biological fouling and slight oil fouling from the R.O. membrane element.Membrane Element Cleaning Compound #2 (SRC MCC-2) is an acid cleaner designed to clean calcium carbonate and other mineral deposits from the R.O. membrane element.Membrane Element Cleaning Compound #3 (SRC MCC-3) is used for iron fouling. If the system’s R.O. membrane element is fouled with rust from iron piping, then SRC CC-3 may be used for effective removal of light or moderate rust fouling.Cleaning Compounds
Spare Parts Reference #
B645800001 MCC-1 ALKALINE CLEANER
B645800002 MCC-2 ACID CLEANER
B645800004 MCC-3 RUST REMOVER
B646800001 MCC – CLEANING KIT MCC 1 & 2