AQUA WHISPER DX- KEY FEATURES
The Aqua Whisper DX grants boaters the freedom to monitor and regulate system capabilities. Made for the hands-on boater, the Aqua Whisper DX allows you to customize features and pressure settings with an advanced touch screen display. It’s ruggedness and reliability allows boaters to confidently command their watermaker in all parts of the world.NMEA 2000 Remote Compatibility
The Aqua Whisper DX is NMEA 2000 compliant, giving you the power to monitor and communicate with your system through any NMEA compatible display.*Digital full color touch screen
Manage critical functions from any location. Maintain, guide, and configure the Aqua Whisper DX anyway you wish using the user friendly touch screen display or the optional touch screen remote.*Check with your display manufacturer for compatibility.
- High pressure plunger pump – specifically designed for sea water reverse osmosis applications. The unique design of this high pressure pump reduces noise level to a negligent hum.
- Low noise manifold system design
- Vibration isolation mounts included.
METERS / MONITORS
- Hour Meter for keeping accurate ship’s logs & schedule preventative maintenance.
- New solid state electronic flow meters for visual monitoring of the product water and feed water flow used to calculate production rates of the system.
- Digital and bar graph Salinity Meter shows actual product water quality, an essential tool for product water monitoring.
- Exclusive high efficiency booster pump for extended pre-filter life.
- Available as an upgrade option: Patented High Pressure Quintiplex Radial Axial Plunger Pump is water lubricated, does not require oil changes and operates 8,000 hours between required maintenance.
- Quiet high pressure pump runs smooth and is free of pulsations.
- Full color remote control touch pad available
- A Soft Motor Starter is available for single phase AC powered systems that reduces start up power by 60%.
- Clear viewable Sea Strainer with a cleanable Monel Mesh Screen filter for ultimate corrosion resistance and large particulate removal.
- Optional – Commercial Prefilter, Oil Water Separator, pH Neutralizer, and Automatic Fresh Water Flush
NMEA 2000 COMPATIBILITY
- Optional NMEA 2000 compliant interface
- View and monitor system controls through any NMEA compatible display*
- Optional NMEA remote control display available
* Check with your display manufacture for compatibility
DIGITAL COLOR TOUCH SCREEN
- Computer interface ready
- Simple-to-use touch screen displays pictorial images of all operating conditions.
- Digital and bar graph readout of all system conditions in U.S. Standard or Metric.
- Dedicated heavy duty Magnetic Latching Relays for each motor integrated in the system.
- 316 Stainless Steel Pressure Transducers for accurate measurement of system functions.
- New High rejection / high yield membrane element that produces higher quality product water in a smaller space.
- Fiberglass Reinforced High Pressure Membrane Vessel is stronger and eliminates corrosion.
- A failsafe Product Water Diversion Valve
- Unique Low Voltage Control Circuitry, shielded terminals, and covered high voltage components for end-user safety.
SERVICE AND MAINTENANCE
- The Aqua Whisper DX is shipped from the factory ready to install and function.
- There are no optional items required, and a complete installation kit is also included along with a comprehensive and detailed Owner’s Operation & Maintenance Manual.
- Worldwide Service and Sales Network for immediate attention regardless of location
- Technical service dedicated to excellent system performance
AQUA WHISPER DX – SPECIFICATIONS
Performance Rated Performance / Product Water Produced: +-15% at 820 PSI / 56.5 bar, 77°F / 25°C & 35,000 PPM TDS typical sea water
Production Model # Per Hour Per Day 450-1
19 gal / 71 lit
29 gal / 110 lit
38 gal / 142 lit
38 gal / 142 lit
58 gal / 221 lit
75 gal / 284 lit
450 gal / 1,703 lit
700 gal / 2,650 lit
900 gal / 3,407 lit
900 gal / 3,407 lit
1400 gal / 5,300 lit
1800 gal / 6,814 lit
Minimum 99.2%, Average 99.4%
Product Water Temperature Ambient to feed water temperature
Pressure Adjustment User adjusted (manual)
Salinity Monitoring Automatic electronic monitoring. Temperature compensated with the digital continuous readout. The salinity monitoring components of the system give a continuous TDS readout in ppm (parts per million), are temperature compensated, and of a fail safe design.
Salinity Range Designed for seawater use up to 50,000 PPM TDS (NaCl) (typical seawater salinity is 35,000 ppm)
Temperature Range Max. 122°F / 50°C, Min. 33°F / .5°C
System Feed Water Flow: 4.5 gpm / 17 lpm (depending on system)
Reverse Osmosis Membrane Selected High Rejection/High Yield aromatic tri-polyamid, thin film composite, spiral wound, single pass, high rejection reverse osmosis membrane element.
Chlorine Tolerance 0.1 PPM
pH Range 3-11 (typical seawater pH is 8)
System Pressure Feed Water: Maximum 35 psi / 2.41 bar / 2.46 Kg/cm2
System Operation Seawater nominal 820 psi / 56.5 bar / 57.66 Kg/cm2
WeightModel NumberCompactModular 450-1
157 lbs / 69 Kg
160 lbs / 71 Kg
162 lbs / 72 Kg
169 lbs / 75 Kg
175 lbs / 76 Kg
180 lbs / 80 Kg
153 lbs / 68 Kg
156 lbs / 69 Kg
158 lbs / 70 Kg
165 lbs / 73 Kg
171 lbs / 76 Kg
175 lbs / 78 Kg
Pipe sizes to be supplied by the installer for connection of the SRC supplied components. The below pipe threads are all US Standard. Feed Inlet: 3/4″ FNPT Female National Pipe Thread Brine Discharge: 3/4″ FNPT Female National Pipe Thread Product: 3/8″ MNPT Male National Pipe Thread
Electrical Requirements (NOA = Normal Operating Amps; SUC = Start Up Current) Pump Type Phase Pump Motor Voltage VAC Hz NOA SUC (110 / 220) Plunger Single HP / Booster 110-115 / 220-230 50/60 30 / 15 90 / 45 Radial Axial Single HP / Booster 220-230 / 380-460 50/60 35 / 17.5 95 / 48 220 / 380 – 44 Plunger Single HP / Booster 220-230 / 380-460 50/60 11 / 5.5 30/15 Radial Axial Three HP / Booster 220-230 / 380-460 50/60 11 / 5.5 30/15
Circuit Breaker Size Operating AC Voltage Phase Recommended circuit breaker Plunger Pump 110-115 / 220-230 Single 40 Ampere / 20 Ampere Radial Axial Pump 110-115 / 220-230 Single 40 Ampere / 20 Ampere Plunger Pump 220 / 380 / 460 Three 15 Ampere / 10 Ampere / 10 Ampere Radial Axial Pump 220 / 380 / 460 Three 15 Ampere / 10 Ampere / 10 Ampere
AQUA WHISPER DX – DIMENSIONS
COMPACT CONFIGURATIONFront ViewOverhead View
- a. 46 15/16″ (1192mm); Aqua Whisper DX Compact 900-1 & 1800-2
- b. 37 15/16″ (964mm); Aqua Whisper DX Compact 700-1 & 1400-2
- c. 27 15/16″ (710mm); Aqua Whisper DX Compact 450-1 & 900-2
MODULAR CONFIGURATIONControl Panel – front and profileMembrane Configuration
- a. 46 15/16″ (1192mm) Aqua Whisper DX Modular 900-1 & 1800-2
- b. 37 15/16″ (964mm) Aqua Whisper DX Modular 700-1 & 1400-2
- c. 27 15/16″ (710mm) Aqua Whisper DX Modular 450-1 & 900-2
STANDARD COMPONENTS AND ACCESSORIESStandard Plunger PumpBooster PumpOptional High Pressure Pump
Sea StrainerDual Filter Assembly
AQUA WHISPER DX – ACCESSORIES
Touch Screen Remote Control
The user-friendly remote touch screen displays pictorial images of all operating conditions which can also be viewed from any location on the boat. All system readings can be selected to display either U.S. Standard or Metric measurements.
Spare Parts Reference #
B610140002 (COLOUR LCD REMOTE KIT WITH 45 FT CABLE)
B610140008 (COLOUR LCD REMOTE KIT WITH 80 FT CABLE)
B610140003 (COLOUR LCD REMOTE KIT WITH 100 FT CABLE)
B610140006 (COLOUR LCD REMOTE KIT WITH 200 FT CABLE)
B610140007 (COLOUR LCD REMOTE KIT WITH 300 FT CABLE)
Soft Motor Start
The new SRC Soft Motor Starter (SMS) reduces start-up amps by 45%. This allows operation from smaller generators.
Spare Parts Reference #
B596800014 (SOFT START ASSY 220/330V)
B596800015 (SOFT START ASSY 110/115V)
Fresh Water Flush
The fresh water flush greatly prolongs the life of the membranes by rinsing them with fresh water at the touch of a button. Automatically flushes your system every seven days.
Spare Parts Reference #
B598000008 FRESH WATER FLUSH
The Ultraviolet Sterilizer processes up to 2 gallons/minute. The result is a 99.8% sterilization of all micro-organisms, including reproducing bacteria and viruses. Ultraviolet replacement U.V. lamps are also available. Please specify voltage when ordering.
Spare Parts Reference # B5262000CV
The multi-media filter traps suspended solids larger than 30 microns to provide additional protection for the system’s pre-filters, which can greatly extend pre-filter element life.
Spare Parts Reference # B071080002
Oil Water Separator
The Oil/Water Separator Canister protects the reverse osmosis membranes from oily or polluted water sources.
Spare Parts Reference # B111120001
Commercial Pre filter
The Commercial size Pre-Filter Canister replaces the Standard Pre-Filters, providing longer intervals between necessary filter cleaning and replacement.
Spare Parts Reference # B109120003
The plankton filter traps suspended solids larger than 100 micron, thus providing additional protection for the system’s pre-filters, which ultimately extend pre-filter element life (Dual design available).
Spare Part Reference # B008800001
The Sea Recovery pH Neutralizing Filter provides pH neutralization of the reverse osmosis system product water.
Spare Part Reference # B561080001
AQUA WHISPER DX- CONSUMABLES
Whether for the pre-filtration stage or post treatment stage, the Sea Recovery R.O. Filter Elements are an essential part in proper system performance.Membrane Element Storage
These chemicals inhibit bacterial growth while maintaining the high flux and salt rejection of the R.O. Membrane Element.Membrane Element Cleaning Compound #1 (SRC MCC-1) is an alkaline cleaner designed to clean biological fouling and slight oil fouling from the R.O. membrane element.Membrane Element Cleaning Compound #2 (SRC MCC-2) is an acid cleaner designed to clean calcium carbonate and other mineral deposits from the R.O. membrane element.Membrane Element Cleaning Compound #3 (SRC MCC-3) is used for iron fouling. If the system’s R.O. membrane element is fouled with rust from iron piping, then SRC CC-3 may be used for effective removal of light or moderate rust fouling.
Crankcase Oil is a specially formulated hydraulic lubricant with anti-wear, de-oxidizer, and rust inhibitor additives.Cleaning Compounds
Spare Parts Reference #
B645800001 MCC-1 ALKALINE CLEANER
B645800002 MCC-2 ACID CLEANER
B645800004 MCC-3 RUST REMOVER
B646800001 MCC – CLEANING KIT MCC 1 & 2