AQUA WHISPER MINI – KEY FEATURES
Sea Recovery has added a new modular configuration to the Aqua Whisper Mini series of watermakers. The new Aqua Whisper Mini modular is engineered to fit anywhere, in the tightest of spaces, and provides easy access to main components. The Aqua Mini series of watermakers is engineered to fit anywhere and gives you the choice to produce more fresh water while keeping the same small footprint. Measuring at about 2 – 3 cubic feet, sail and small power boaters have the opportunity and the convenience of owning a Sea Recovery watermaker without the space restrictions. Producing from 7, 15, 23 or 31 gallons of fresh water per hour, the Aqua Whisper Mini series of watermakers are the perfect seaworthy companion for the solo cruiser.
- Smallest line of watermakers
- New modular design – allows flexible installation options
- Production of 170, 350, 550, or 750 gallons/day
- DC power available for the Aqua Whisper 170
- Low AC power consumption
- Touch pad control panel with simple touch operation.
- 6 illuminated LED status indication lamps for system operation.
- Weekly automatic fresh water flush timing (optional) and sequential starting of electric motors with manual override.
METERS / MONITORS
- Hour Meter for keeping accurate ship’s logs & schedule preventative maintenance.
- New solid state electronic flow meters for visual monitoring of the product water and feed water flow used to calculate production rates of the system.
- Exclusive Solid Salinity Meter shows actual product water quality, an essential tool for product water monitoring.
- Product water quality is displayed in bar graph format with 10 additional LEDs.
- Exclusive high efficiency booster pump for extended pre-filter life.
- Quiet high pressure pump runs smooth and is free of pulsations.
- Push button remote control available
- A Soft Motor Starter is available for single phase AC powered systems that reduces start up power by 60%.
- Clear viewable Sea Strainer with a cleanable Monel Mesh Screen filter for ultimate corrosion resistance and large particulate removal.
- Optional – pH Neutralizer, and Automatic Fresh Water Flush.
NOISE REDUCTION FEATURES
- The quiet stainless steel high pressure pump is specifically designed for sea water reverse osmosis applications. The unique design of this high pressure pump reduces noise level to a negligent hum.
- Low noise manifold design
- Vibration isolation mounts included.
- Dedicated heavy duty Magnetic Latching Relays for each motor integrated in the system.
- 316 Stainless Steel Pressure Transducers for accurate measurement of system functions.
- New High rejection / high yield membrane element that produces higher quality product water in a smaller space.
- Fiberglass Reinforced High Pressure Membrane Vessel is stronger and eliminates corrosion.
- A failsafe Product Water Diversion Valve
- Unique Low Voltage Control Circuitry, shielded terminals, and covered high voltage components for end-user safety.
SERVICE AND MAINTENANCE
- Fault LED indication is provided for easy diagnosis of required maintenance.
- The Aqua Whisper Mini is shipped from the factory ready to install and function.
- There are no optional items required, and a complete installation kit is also included along with a comprehensive and detailed Owner’s Operation & Maintenance Manual.
- Worldwide Service and Sales Network for immediate attention regardless of location
- Technical service dedicated to excellent system performance
AQUA WHISPER MINI – SPECIFICATIONS
Performance Rated Performance / Product Water Produced: +-15% at 820 PSI / 57 BAR, 77°F / 25°C & 35,000 PPM TDS typical sea water
Production Model # Per Hour Per Day AM 170
7 gal / 26 lit
15 gal / 55 lit
23 gal / 87 lit
31 gal / 118 lit
170 gal / 645 lit
350 gal / 1,325 lit
550 gal / 2,080 lit
750 gal / 2,839 lit
Minimum 99.2%, Average 99.4%
Product Water Temperature Ambient to feed water temperature
Pressure Adjustment User Adjusted
Salinity Monitoring Automatic electronic monitoring. Temperature compensated with the digital continuous readout. The salinity monitoring components of the system give a continuous TDS readout in ppm (parts per million), are temperature compensated, and of a fail safe design.
Salinity Range Designed for seawater use up to 50,000 PPM TDS (NaCl) (typical seawater salinity is 35,000 ppm)
Temperature Range Max. 122°F / 50°C, Min. 33°F / .5°C
System Feed Water Flow: 4.5 gpm / 17 lpm (depending on system)
Reverse Osmosis Membrane Selected High Rejection/High Yield aromatic tri-polyamid, thin film composite, spiral wound, single pass, high rejection reverse osmosis membrane element.
Chlorine Tolerance 0.1 PPM
pH Range 3-11 (typical seawater pH is 8)
System Pressure Feed Water: Maximum 35 psi / 2.41 bar / 2.46 Kg/cm2
System Operation Seawater nominal 820 psi / 56.5 bar / 57.66 Kg/cm2
WeightModel NumberMini Compact Mini Modular AM 170
70 lbs / 32 Kg
89 lbs / 40.4 Kg
128 lbs / 57 Kg
130 lbs / 59 kg
70 lbs / 32 Kg
89 lbs / 40.4 Kg
128 lbs / 57 Kg
130 lbs / 59 kg
Electrical Requirements (NOA = Normal Operating Amps; SUC = Start Up Current; HP = Horse Power) Aqua Whisper Mini 170 Phase Pump Motor Hz Voltage HP NOA SUC N/A HP N/A 12 / 24 .33 29 / 14 90 / 45 Single HP 50 / 60 110 / 230 .33 6 / 3 26 / 13 Aqua Whisper Mini 350 Phase Pump Motor Hz Voltage HP NOA SUC Single HP 50 / 60 110 / 230 1 13 / 6.5 52 / 26 Aqua Whisper Mini 550/750 Phase Pump Motor Hz Voltage HP NOA SUC Single HP 50 / 60 110 / 220 2.5 26 / 13 93 / 47 Single Booster 50 / 60 110 / 220 0.5 7 / 3.5 28 /14 Circuit Breaker Size – Aqua Whisper Mini 170 Operating AC Voltage Phase Recommended Circuit Breaker 12 / 24 VDC 40 Ampere / 20 Ampere 110 / 230 (AC) Single 12 Ampere / 10 Ampere Aqua Whisper Mini 350 Operating AC Voltage Phase Recommended Circuit Breaker 110 / 230 Single 20 Ampere / 15 Ampere Aqua Whisper Mini 550 Operating AC Voltage Phase Recommended Circuit Breaker 110 Single 40 Ampere Aqua Whisper Mini 750 Operating AC Voltage Phase Recommended Circuit Breaker 220 Single 20 Ampere
AQUA WHISPER MINI – DIMENSIONS
AQUA WHISPER MINI – ACCESSORIES
The new state-of-the-art Touch Pad Remote Control Unit allows for remote operation and supervision of your system.
Spare Parts Reference # B611000004
Soft Motor Start
The new SRC Soft Motor Starter (SMS) reduces start-up amps by 45%. This allows operation from smaller generators.
Spare Parts Reference #
B596800014 (SOFT START ASSY 220/330V)
B596800015 (SOFT START ASSY 110/115V)
Fresh Water Flush
The fresh water flush greatly prolongs the life of the membranes by rinsing them with fresh water at the touch of a button. Automatically flushes your system every seven days.
Spare Part Reference #
B598000009 FRESH WATER FLUSH 10″ HOUSING
The Ultraviolet Sterilizer processes up to 2 gallons/minute. The result is a 99.8% sterilization of all micro-organisms, including reproducing bacteria and viruses. Ultraviolet replacement U.V. lamps are also available. Please specify voltage when ordering.
Spare Parts Reference # B5262000CV
The plankton filter traps suspended solids larger than 100 micron, thus providing additional protection for the system’s pre-filters, which ultimately extend pre-filter element life (Dual design available).
Spare Parts Reference # B008800001
The Sea Recovery pH Neutralizing Filter provides pH neutralization of the reverse osmosis system product water.
Spare Parts Reference # B561080001
AQUA WHISPER MINI – CONSUMABLES
Whether for the pre-filtration stage or post treatment stage, the Sea Recovery R.O. Filter Elements are an essential part in proper system performance.Membrane Element Storage
These chemicals inhibit bacterial growth while maintaining the high flux and salt rejection of the R.O. Membrane Element.
Membrane Element Cleaning Compound #1 (SRC MCC-1) is an alkaline cleaner designed to clean biological fouling and slight oil fouling from the R.O. membrane element.
Membrane Element Cleaning Compound #2 (SRC MCC-2) is an acid cleaner designed to clean calcium carbonate and other mineral deposits from the R.O. membrane element.
Membrane Element Cleaning Compound #3 (SRC MCC-3) is used for iron fouling. If the system’s R.O. membrane element is fouled with rust from iron piping, then SRC CC-3 may be used for effective removal of light or moderate rust fouling.Cleaning Compounds
Spare Parts Reference #
B645800001 MCC-1 ALKALINE CLEANER
B645800002 MCC-2 ACID CLEANER
B645800004 MCC-3 RUST REMOVER
B646800001 MCC – CLEANING KIT MCC 1 & 2