ULTRA WHISPER – KEY FEATURES
The Ultra Whisper is a low power watermaker, engineered for boaters with limited electrical options. The very quiet Ultra Whisper features automatic operation and is easy to use with its simple Start and Stop controls. It serves as an efficient water supply, ideal for small power boats and sail boats.
- AC or DC power
- Energy efficient
- Quiet Operation
- Automatic one-touch operation requires no pressure or operator adjustment
- Self adjusts to feed water conditions
- Automatic Fresh Water Flush (repeats every 7 days) included with system, if requested at the time of order.
- Energy Efficient, low amperage per gallon of product water
- Energy Transfer Device operates 750 hours between seal maintenance
METERS / MONITORS
- LCD display and four (4) illuminated LED status indication lamps of the system operation
- Hour Meter for keeping accurate ship’s logs & schedule preventative maintenance.
- Solid state electronic flow meters for visual monitoring of the product water and feed water flow used to calculate production rates of the system.
- Exclusive Solid Salinity Meter shows actual product water quality, an essential tool for product water monitoring.
- Product water quality is displayed on the LCD display.
- Fault LED indication is provided for easy diagnosis of required maintenance
- Quiet feed pump runs smooth and is free of pulsations.
- Push button remote control available
- Easy to remove Sea Strainer with a cleanable Monel Mesh Screen filter element for ultimate corrosion resistance and large particulate removal.
- Optional – pH Neutralizer, and Automatic Fresh Water Flush.
NOISE REDUCTION FEATURES
- Smooth running and extraordinarily quiet.
- Vibration isolation mounts included.
- EfficientSea Energy Transfer Device made from Nitronic 50 material – corrosion and erosion resistance.
- Micro Processor Controlled Electronics provide state-of-the-art technology and reliability with weekly Automatic Fresh Water Flush timing and sequential starting of electric motors with manual override.
- Dedicated heavy duty Magnetic Latching Relays for each motor integrated in the system.
- Stainless steel exterior and interior pressure gauge for accurate measurement of water maker functions..
- Fiberglass Reinforced High Pressure Membrane Vessel is stronger and eliminates corrosion.
- A failsafe Product Water Diversion Valve
- Unique Low Voltage Control Circuitry, shielded terminals, & covered high voltage components for end-user safety.
- High rejection / high yield membrane element that produces higher quality product water in a smaller space.
SERVICE AND MAINTENANCE
- Shipped from the factory ready to install and function.
- There are no optional items required, and a complete installation kit is also included along with a comprehensive and detailed Owner’s Operation & Maintenance Manual.
- Worldwide Service and Sales Network for immediate attention regardless of location.
- Technical service dedicated to excellent system performance.
ULTRA WHISPER – SPECIFICATIONS
Performance Rated Performance / Product Water Produced: +-15% at 820 PSI / 57 BAR, 77°F / 25°C & 35,000 PPM TDS typical sea water Production / Weight Model # Per Hour Weight – Compact Weight – Modular 400
16.5 gal / 63 lit
25 gal / 95 lit
145 lbs / 66 kg
155 lbs / 70 kg
140 lbs / 63 kg
150 lbs / 68 kg
Minimum 99.2%, Average 99.4% Product Water Temperature Ambient to feed water temperature Pressure Adjustment Automatically controlled Salinity Monitoring Automatic electronic monitoring. Temperature compensated with the digital continuous readout. The salinity monitoring components of the system give a continuous TDS readout in ppm (parts per million), are temperature compensated, and of a fail safe design. Salinity Range Designed for seawater use up to 50,000 PPM TDS (NaCl) (typical seawater salinity is 35,000 ppm) Temperature Range Max. 122°F / 50°C, Min. 33°F / .5°C System Feed Water Flow: 4.5 gpm / 17 lpm (depending on system) Reverse Osmosis Membrane Selected High Rejection/High Yield aromatic tri-polyamid, thin film composite, spiral wound, single pass, high rejection reverse osmosis membrane element. Chlorine Tolerance 0.1 PPM pH Range 3-11 (typical seawater pH is 8) System Pressure Feed Water: Maximum 35 psi / 2.41 bar / 2.46 Kg/cm2 System Operation Seawater nominal 820 psi / 56.5 bar / 57.66 Kg/cm2 External Installation
Pipe sizes to be supplied by the installer for connection of the SRC supplied components. The below pipe threads are all US Standard. Feed Inlet: 1/2″ MNPT Male National Pipe Thread Brine Discharge: 1/2″ MNPT Male National Pipe Thread Product: 1/4″ FNPT Female National Pipe Thread
Feed Pump and Motor
(NOA = Normal Operating Amps; SUC = Start Up Current; HP = Horse Power) Ultra Whisper
Model #: 400
Voltage Phase HZ VAC NOA SUC 12V 21 77 24V 10.5 38 Single 50 / 60 115 4.8 / 5.0 26/25 Single 50 / 60 230 2.4 / 2.5 13/12.5 Ultra Whisper
Model #: 600
Voltage Phase HZ VAC NOA SUC 12V DC 33 102 24V DC 16.5 51 Single 50 / 60 115 7.3 / 7.5 44 / 46 Single 50 / 60 230 3.5 / 3.7 22 /23
ULTRA WHISPER – DIMENSIONS
ULTRA WHISPER- ACCESSORIES
The new state-of-the-art Touch Pad Remote Control Unit allows for remote operation and supervision of your system.
Fresh Water Flush
The fresh water flush greatly prolongs the life of the membranes by rinsing them with fresh water at the touch of a button. Automatically flushes your system every seven days.
The Ultraviolet Sterilizer processes up to 2 gallons/minute. The result is a 99.8% sterilization of all micro-organisms, including reproducing bacteria and viruses. Ultraviolet replacement U.V. lamps are also available. Please specify voltage when ordering.
The plankton filter traps suspended solids larger than 100 micron, thus providing additional protection for the system’s pre-filters, which ultimately extend pre-filter element life (Dual design available).
The Sea Recovery pH Neutralizing Filter provides pH neutralization of the reverse osmosis system product water.
ULTRA WHISPER – CONSUMABLES
Whether for the pre-filtration stage or post treatment stage, the Sea Recovery R.O. Filter Elements are an essential part in proper system performance.Membrane Element Storage
These chemicals inhibit bacterial growth while maintaining the high flux and salt rejection of the R.O. Membrane Element.
Membrane Element Cleaning Compound #1 (SRC MCC-1) is an alkaline cleaner designed to clean biological fouling and slight oil fouling from the R.O. membrane element.
Membrane Element Cleaning Compound #2 (SRC MCC-2) is an acid cleaner designed to clean calcium carbonate and other mineral deposits from the R.O. membrane element.
Membrane Element Cleaning Compound #3 (SRC MCC-3) is used for iron fouling. If the system’s R.O. membrane element is fouled with rust from iron piping, then SRC CC-3 may be used for effective removal of light or moderate rust fouling.
Crankcase Oil is a specially formulated hydraulic lubricant with anti-wear, de-oxidizer, and rust inhibitor additives.